The Quality Assurance (QA) Cell of the Faculty/Institute /Campus with a mandate to create a culture that seeks to continually improve the quality of all academic and other activities in the Faculty/Institute/Campus.
2. COMMITTEE COMPOSITION AND MEETINGS
- DR/SAR/AR of the Faculty/Institute/Campus who will act as the Secretary/Convenor
- Chairperson/Head of the Faculty QA Cell
- Chairperson of the Curriculum & Academic Development Committee or an equivalent committee
- Heads of Departments or a senior lecturer or above representing each of the Departments.
- Head of the Faculty Strategic Planning Committee
Chairperson shall be appointed by the Faculty Board or the equivalent.
- Quorum: shall be 50% of the membership.
- Meetings: The Committee shall meet at least once in two months. It may also consider matters by correspondence.
- Terms of Office: Terms of office for appointed members of this committee will be three years.
3. RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- To promote quality enhancement activities within the Faculty liaising with Curriculum & Academic Development Committee (or its equivalent), Teaching Learning Committee, and other Faculty Committees and Departments.
- To liaise with the Internal Quality Assurance Unit (IQAU) of the University of Colombo, in facilitating the conduct of Institutional Review and Programme Reviews in the Faculty.
- To prepare documents necessary for Institutional and Programme Reviews
- To facilitate the implementation of follow-up actions recommended in Institution/ Programme/Subject Review reports, and monitor progress in their implementation.
- To liaise with Faculty QA Cells in other Faculties/Institutes/Campus within the University of Colombo, to share good practices and enhance the quality of higher education in Sri Lanka.
- To collate and analyse Faculty QA data such as peer review forms and student feedback forms.
- To devise and suggest additional QA measures or changes to the existing measures, based on the data collected on various QA indicators such as peer feedback student evaluation reports, and external reviews.
4. RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES OF THE CHAIRPERSON OF THE FACULTY QA CELL
- Liaise with the Director, Internal Quality Assurance Unit of the University to coordinate university level Quality Assurance (QA) activities.
- Represent the Faculty/Institute in all QA related activities.
- Organize Faculty/Institute level QA meetings.
- Suggest names of members to the Dean, to be appointed as domain coordinators or members for each criterion in the Quality Assurance Manuals of the UGC.
- Provide guidance to the domain coordinators and prepare the Faculty level Internal QA Report with their support.
- Liaise with professional quality assurance and accreditation bodies on matters pertaining to QA and accreditation, if required.
- Monitor the collation and analysis of Faculty level internal QA data such as peer review forms and student feedback forms.
- Work with other related committees and units within the faculty on matters related to QA.
- Answer and address issues related to QA raised by the faculty members in general and by the QA domain coordinators in particular.
- Report the activities of the Faculty QA Cell to the Faculty Board and IQAU regularly.